Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Day of the Heart

Valentine's Day passed quietly this year and yet it was definitely a day for reflection.

This time last year I was kind of a mess. Spiritually I was growing in leaps and bounds but I was a wreck emotionally. I had so many questions and so few answers. When I was offered an opportunity to get the answers I so desperately needed, I jumped at the chance. Sadly, my focus was still on me rather than Christ. When I took that leap, I fell, HARD! Not only did I not get the closure I needed, I started over in the healing process, both spiritually and emotionally.

This year, my focus is where it should have been all along. As I’ve said in the past, it's not about me, it's about Him! Through the showering of His love, He's taught me that the only answer I need is Him. Regardless of the path that my life takes or the choices (good and bad) that I make, my questions were answered a long time ago on Calvary. He’s it! As a Christian that’s all I need, so yesterday was a good day.

I did appreciate the flowers though…

Suggested Book... "Falling in Love with Jesus" - Dee Brestin & Kathy Troccoli

“The secret to an abundant life lies not in ten steps, but in developing a deep love relationship with Jesus, abandoning yourself to the greatest romance of your life!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I completely agree with your thoughts. Christ is our Valentine and he will be everyday of our lives, not just valentines day. We get "flowers and Candies." from his word and the chruch every day. :^)
I am glad that you suggested the book "Falling in love with Jesus." It's an amazing book eh?! I loved it and it's so reletive to our lives as women.
God Bless