Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What a Bummer!


Tonight as I was leaving work, I got to see the sun set... at 7 PM! What wonder! What joy! And then I remembered that soon the clocks will change and leave us all in the dark again. Bummer.
Do most people even need an extra hour of daylight in the morning??? I certainly don't. I really don't mind not seeing the sun until I'm leaving the gym; nor do I mind not having it peek in my window on the mornings that I'm able to sleep in. However, it'd be grand to have that wonderful fire ball illuminating an evening hike or bike ride. Might be nice to plant flowers or visit friends in the daylight after a few frustrating hours at work too. But no, we get a glimpse of the freedom that daylight offers, then it's lights out again.
I'll say it again "What a bummer!"
Enjoy the late sunsets friends, they'll be coming a lot sooner in just a few short days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I understand your thoughts completely. This morning i woke up to the sun shining into my room and yes, it was beautiful however, it wasn't at the right time to wake up, it was still "early." I cherish the times when i can come home from work and see the sun set and i know that those times will not go away but it is still wonderful to see the sun at it's proper time. :D Soon we will see sunsets on the beach though and forget all of the coldness that sometimes seems to fill our lives. Ahh warmth! I cannot wait to plant my garden and walk in my grass and read books on my poarch....

Big Chaille Fish said...

You sang very well today in church it was beautiful. You and Heather Blinded go good. Hey speaking of singing are we going to be blessed by having you voice in the Easter Chior this year? Hope so. Well, Talk to ya later.

Ae (Otherwise Known as Amber) said...

And to think, I was going to delete this post. As we've all figured out, the time change put us an hour back so we get to enjoy the sunshine more rather than less. I guess we all have our blonde moments :o)

Anyway, thanks for the comments and the compliment Chailee. I'm glad that the talent God blessed Heather and I with ministered to you. It's for His glory...