Friday, January 22, 2010

Hope

I made it through yesterday afternoon at work. Not the most productive but I did what I could. Last night was a bit more hopeful.

I spent yesterday evening at my parents discussing plans and eating chili and corn bread. Anyway, dad spent a lot of time on the phone with his siblings discussing things. My aunt says we're not done fighting. She contacted Cancer Treatment Center of America and another place and they're also looking into a more holistic approach. We're hoping to know more as soon as today. If these options tell us the same thing, we're going to have a big BBQ at my aunt and uncle's soon to celebrate Chuck's life and then a very intimate funeral will be done when he passes. As my dad was reminding Susie last night; Chuck knows where he's going so the separation will be brief and then we'll spend eternity together. We're continuously praying for a miracle so I won't allow myself to dwell on any of those possibilities right now.

I received the following email from my aunt this morning:
"Well, the doctor says that the past couple of months of chemo didn't do any good at all. The cancer has grown and he is stopping all treatment. He said continuing the chemo would cause more trouble then it is worth. The cancer has not spread to any other organs or anywhere else in the body, but it has grown within the liver and isn't getting any better."

"I will be calling Cancer Treatment Centers of America and also MD Anderson Cancer Center to find out if we can get a diagnosis from them. If our insurance will cover the cost we will be traveling to Phoenix and Houston to get their opinion before we totally give up. We have not given up on prayer and really appreciate all you have sent our way. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and thoughts and I will try to keep you all updated on our results."

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers... They are appreciated. Please continue to pray for my uncle and our family. Specifically for my aunt and their kids and grand kids.

A note to my CO family - though miles apart, we're sending love and prayers your way. I love you guys and my heart aches for what you're going through.

No comments: