Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's time - Update 1

I LOST TEN POUNDS!!!
(okay so this picture is bad but it's the most current one I have)
While I generally avoid the scale like the plague, I took a risk and stepped on it last night. I figured since I've committed to becoming healthier, I should take a peek. I'm glad I did... It's great encouragement! Hawaii bikini(s), here I come :o) Okay, so that's cheesy, but I'm excited about meeting my goal.
It's encouraged me to become more dedicated to my daily fitness routine. Surprisingly, I was more committed throughout the winter. Once the weather warmed up, I convinced myself I'd continue my routine outdoors and could ditch the pricey gym membership. I went from a daily 1 hour aerobic workout and weight routine to a 3-day a week cardio "attempt." While I've lost weight going the lazy route, I keep thinking how much more I could have accomplished had I been more willing to part with my cash.
So anyway, back to the gym I go... If only they'd splurge for a little air conditioning :o)
Thanks for the support! Please keep cheering me on...

No comments: