Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cocked, Locked, and Ready to Rock - Update 5 on Dad

"I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again..."

That's right, we're moving in the right direction now. It was nice last night to realize that my greatest concern was getting everything I needed into one carry on and making sure that my one carry on would fit into my mom's convertible. Based on my concerns earlier in the week, what a relief! (It all fit too, in case you were wondering :)

Dad will be released from the hospital this morning and I will arrive in Colorado Springs sometime this evening. Dad has to remain in town for a couple of days to make sure the pic line and antibiotics work as planned without issue. My uncle has requested that we stay through Monday to spend a little more time with him, since time with him has been limited due to the craziness with dad. Realistically it looks as if we will be leaving on Saturday or more likely Sunday to head home, putting us back in MI either Sunday or Monday.

On a personal note - I'm struggling with feelings of wanting to be in two places at one time. I'm excited to see with my own eyes that dad is going to be fine; looking forward to seeing my mom and my CO family, and spending time with my ill uncle. However, I wish I could be in MI to say farewell to the Fishers. Josh says that KCBC has impacted their family but their family has had such a huge impact on so many individuals and families in our church. I've been honored to call them friends; to laugh with, cry with, and minister with them. Josh has talked about the grace that our church has extended to him in allowing he and Amy to simply be who they were but he has done the same for others, me included. My life has been changed through learning that I don't have to fit into society's Christian mold. My parents have expressed the same disappointment in the extension of their time away from home causing them to miss the send off for the Fishers. Knowing that we will be missing an opportunity to say thank you and goodbye is very difficult.

Praises - God is GOOD and dad is coming home!! The impact the Fishers have had on the KCBC family and individual's lives.
Prayers - Safe travel and continued healing.

Until we start the drive home, I'll be updating from CO ~ Ae

No comments: