Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Parker

photo courtesy of Leah Turner
He’s here!!!! Yes, the waiting has ended and Parker has finally arrived. Thursday, January 26 at 2:52 PM, Parker Duane Jones entered the world. Parker after his daddy and Duane after his grandpa was 7lb 4oz and 20” long. He has his daddy’s eyes and brown hair and his mommy’s nose and mouth; a perfect combination. Parker also ended up with his grandpa’s big hands J Daddy brought mommy and Parker home from the hospital on Saturday and everyone is doing well.

I was honored to attend and assist David and Brenda in Parker’s birth. What an incredible experience! If I never have children of my own, the event will go down as the greatest in my life. How someone can experience such a thing and still deny the existence of our Creator, I will never know. They are so intricately made; both mother and child. Our bodies are designed so expertly to be able to withstand and perform in such a manner. Wow! That’s about all I can say… Amazing!

photos courtesy of my cell
Psalm 139:13-16
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”


Today’s Song… “He Gets That From Me” – Reba McIntire
“His curly hair and his knobby knees, the way the sun brings those freckles out. Talk and talk, never miss a beat, yeah, he gets that from me”

No comments: