Friday, January 13, 2006

A special little boy

Nine years ago today Ryan Owen Kennedy took his first breath! While my family didn’t meet him until nearly two years later, this little guy would forever alter our lives.

Surprisingly, I remember the exact day that I was first introduced. It was the day of my senior prom and my sister’s new boyfriend had brought his son along for a visit. What a cutie! He was a chubby, waddling, toe-head and I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on him. Despite the excitement of my date’s arrival, I distinctly remember taking a moment to watch Ryan play in a puddle in the driveway, oblivious to the chaos around him.

Long story short, my sister ended up marrying that boyfriend and the smiling blonde baby became my first nephew, and only thus far. (No pressure Matt & Rae J) Over the last 9 years, he’s grown to be a bright, sensitive, and fun-loving child. A little rough around the edges at times, as all boys were designed to be, but a joy to be around. He’s a wonderful big brother to his sisters and I’m proud to call him my nephew. He’s an irreplaceable part of our family.

So anyway, Happy Birthday Ryan! I’ve got a present all wrapped up with your name on it. I’ll see you this weekend.

Psalm 127:3
“Truly children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.”


Today’s song… “Godspeed” – The Dixie Chicks
“The rocket racer’s all tuckered out, Superman’s in pajamas on the couch. Goodnight moon, we’ll find
the mouse, and I love you”

No comments: